What a fun way to make use of leftover uttapas! The Uttapam Pizza is so tasty that your kids will want you to make this every time you make dosa batter. From onions and capsicum, to pizza sauce and cheese, the Uttapam Pizza has all the basic ingredients that go into your favourite pizza. Put on your creative caps and make the Uttapam Pizza just the way you want to. Throw in your choice of toppings from pineapples and sweet corn to olives, top it with your own combo of sauces and perhaps a sprinkling of tandoori masala or chaat masala too, and watch an humble uttapam magically transform into an exciting Farm Fresh Pizza or Tandoori Paneer Pizza. The best part is that you dont even need an oven to prepare this.
|Dosa batter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (leftover)|
|Pizza sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Tablespoon , grated|
1. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using tsp of oil.
2. Pour a spoonful of the batter and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6") uttapam and cook on both the sides till light brown in colour from both the sides.
3. Place the uttapam on a clean, dry surface, put 2 tbsp of pizza sauce over it and spread it evenly.
4. Sprinkle little onion and capsicum evenly over it.
5. Finally sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
6. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the uttapam pizza on it, cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes or till the cheese melts.
7. Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 2 more uttapam pizza.
8. Cut into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately. Enjoy!