The super soft, super fluffy Poha Idli is sure to steal your hearts! You will find that the batter for this idli is pretty easy to make because we have used a combination of rice semolina and poha instead of whole idli rice. So, the rice portion of the batter will be ready in a jiffy. Then, you need to grind the soaked urad, mix the two and let the batter ferment. Perfect proportions together with the presence of poha makes this idli very, very soft and tasty. Served with sambhar and a chutney of your choice, the Poha Idli makes an amazing breakfast.
|Rice semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beaten rice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Clean, wash and soak the idli rava and beaten rice with enough water in a deep bowl for at least 2 hours. Drain well.
2. Clean, wash the urad dal thoroughly and soak with enough water in a deep bowl for at least 2 hours. Drain well.
3. Combine the idli rava-poha mixture and cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
4. Combine the urad dal and cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
5. Combine the two batters and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment for 8 hours.
6. Put spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
8. Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.