This is a revisit to the ubiquitous Fish n Chips. The traditional recipe calls for dipping the fish in batter and deep frying it. Truly delicious but containing about a weeks worth of calories and fat in one serving! Great for a treat about once a year but, if you would like to enjoy this combination more frequently, try my non-traditional recipe.
|Fish fillets||8 Ounce (I used flounder)|
|Ritz crackers||To Taste|
|Olive oil spray||2 Tablespoon (use as desired)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (use as desired)|
|Cole slaw mixture||To Taste (For Serving)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 convection, or 400 conventional oven.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into French fries. Place in a non-stick baking pan and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the fish. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
4. Beat the egg well to mix and spread crushed Ritz crackers on a piece of waxed paper.
5. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the cracker crumbs to coat on both sides.
6. Place on prepared baking sheet. When potatoes have started to brown, place fish in oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Serve with cole slaw, if desired. Enjoy!
NOTE: If you are using a thicker fish such as cod or halibut, increase cooking time to about 10 minutes or until it appears done when flaked.