Chicken is my husbands favourite ingredient and he loves curry so its obvious that I make this Kadhai chicken for him often. Kadhai Chicken is a flavourful curry with a blend of various spices. You can enjoy this dish with naan, roti, rice or parantha. Kadhai dishes usually also include bell peppers. Although Kadhai referes to a kind of dish ( sort of Wok) in which the dish is made, you can prepare it in any pan/skillet that you have in your kitchen.
|Boneless skinless chicken||400 Gram|
|Bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Greek yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||To Taste (optional)|
|To prepare kadhai masala/spice blend:|
|Green cardamom pods||6|
|Coriander seeds||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a wok, add oil. Let oil become hot and Fry bay leaf and cinnamon stick for 30 secs.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and onions. Mix well. Give a minute or two and add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Mix well. Cook until onions are no longer raw and change color. About 3-4 mins
3. Add chillies and tomatoes. Mix well. Cook until tomatoes reduce in volume and no longer raw. This will take 4-5 mins on med heat.
4. Add chicken. Let it cook for another 2-3 mins and then bell peppers. We dont want peppers to wilt completely. They should maintain some of their crunch. Add some water.
5. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer raw.
6. Add kadhai masala, Yogurt and fenugreek leaves.
7. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Mix well and serve.