Who does not like the tongue-tickling flavour of sweet mangoes? Indeed, mangoes are closely connected to our lives and when the season is in full blast in the summer, we cannot resist the temptation to binge on something mango-based every single day! This Mango Cake is another delightful recipe to add to your mango collection. A soft and fluffy cake with the irresistible flavour of mangoes, combined with the rich milky taste of condensed milk and a tinge of vanilla, this one is sure to become a great hit with everybody. Decorate it and use it for a party , or slice it and serve it with tea either way it tastes simply fabulous. You can also have a go at other cake recipes like the Vanilla Sponge Cake or Eggless Chocolate Cake .
|Mango cubes||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine the mango cubes and sugar in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
2. Combine the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
3. Combine the mango mixture, melted butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
4. Add the plain flour mixture and milk and fold in gently using a spatula.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7) diameter aluminium tin.
6. Tap it slightly to even out the mixture.
7. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180C (360F) for 25 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
8. Demould the cake, cut it into 6 equal wedges and serve. Enjoy!