Chicken Handi is a kind of Chicken curry, flavourful, comforting and best enjoyed with rice or naan. Heres an easy recipe for Handi chicken that you can make in the comfort of your own kitchen, Recipe serves two.
|Tomatoes||2 Small , pureed|
|Cashews||15 (make cashew paste out of them by soaking them in water for 10 mins and then grinding them)|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless chicken||300 Gram|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat oil and fry cinnamon, bay leaf, cumin, cardamom and cloves.
2. After letting them sizzle for a min, add onions and ginger garlic paste. Brown the onions.
3. Add chicken and seal. Add tomato puree.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric.
5. Mix well and cook until tomatoes are no longer raw and reduced to 1/4 th of the original mixture.
6. Add cashew paste and yogurt. Mix well and cook for another 1- mins.
7. Finish off with pepper, cilantro and dried fenugreek leaves.
8. Serve with rice or naan.