Be it Aloo Frankie, Cheese Frankie or Schezwan Frankie. We all love it, don't we? Today, let's make the perfect Street Style Veg Frankie Recipe at home. Totally inspired from Amarjit Singh Ji's version or better known as Tibb's Version :)
|Maida||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Atta||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For||pickled green chili:|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Frankie masala||To Taste|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Other ingredients for frankie:|
|Green chutney||3 Teaspoon|
|Frankie masala ingredients:|
|Black peppercorns||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Saunf powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, add in the maida and atta, salt and oil. Use water as required to make a soft dough, knead dough for 5-6 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 6 portions, and roll into large thin rotis. Cook in very hot tawa for 10-15 seconds each side. Keep covered!
For Pickled Green Chili:
3. Soak the chilies in vinegar for 15-20 mins.
For Frankie Masala:
4. In a pan, add in oil, and - asafoetida, blackpeppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, anardana seeds and roast for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
5. Then add in - amchoor powder, saunth powder, salt, chili powder and turmeric. Mix well, turn off flame and let cool.
6. Grind to a powder and use!
7. In a pan, add in the oil, ginger-garlic-green chili and saute for a minute. Follow it up with frankie masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder and roast for a minute.
8. Add in the potatoes, coriander leaves, salt and mix well. Add water if required. Take out from pan, let cool.
9. Toast rotis in tawa using oil and butter in very high flame.
10. Make oblong cutlets using the potato filling, roast them in the tawa.
11. Place the cutlet in the roti, some onions on top along with pickled green chilis and frankie masala.
12. Smear Green chutney and roll it up! Serve hot!