Here is a scrumptious toast with a masaledar veggie topping that reminds you of all-time favourites like Samosa and Veg Puffs. A mixture of veggies and potatoes are sautéed with tasty ingredients like green chillies, spice powders and lemon juice to get a tongue-tickling topping, which is placed upon buttered bread slices, garnished with cheese and baked in the oven till the cheese melts and coats the veggie mixture. The Masala Cheese Toast has a fabulous taste that goes down well with both kids and adults. Can be made in a handy mini size and served at parties, or enjoyed at home as a tea-time snack.
|Whole wheat bread slices||4|
|Grated processed cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|For the masala topping:|
|Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Garlic paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed vegetables||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (cabbage, cauliflower, carrot and French beans)|
|Potatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
For the masala topping:
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, chilli powder, lemon juice, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
4. Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
5. Spread 1 tsp butter on each bread slice and place them on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
6. Spread a portion of the topping and 1 tbsp of cheese on each buttered bread slice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C (400F) for 15 minutes.
7. Cut each bread toast diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
8. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.