Bursting with flavour, this Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Bread can be served with soup or enjoyed as a snack by itself. This herby, garlicky bread is stuffed with a succulent cheesy filling, which is also perked up with a tongue-tickling spice mixture that combines the best of spices and herbs. The leavened dough is once again brushed with butter and topped with spices before baking. This gives the bread a super aroma, which wafts out of the oven as it bakes. You are sure to enjoy the vibrant flavour and cheesy texture of this bread in every single bite.Smoked Pepper and Cheese Bread and Sundried Tomato Loaf are other flavourful breads worth trying.
|Maize flour||4 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|Cheese spread||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated processed cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jalapenos||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|For the dough:|
|Plain flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant dry yeast||1 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the spice mixture:|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
For the dough:
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a small bowl, mix well cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Combine the plain flour, garlic, oregano, butter, chilli flakes, yeast-water mixture and salt, mix well and knead it into a soft dough using enough warm water.
3. Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
For the spice mixture:
4. Combine all the ingredients in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) and pound till coarse. Keep aside.
5. Dust a clean dry surface with little maize flour, place the dough over it and knead it till smooth.
6. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
7. Roll a portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8) diameter circle using a little maize flour for rolling.
8. Spread 1 tbsp of cheese spread on one side of the circle, leaving the edges and sprinkle cup of cheese evenly over it.
9. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of the prepared spice mixture and tbsp jalapenos evenly over it.
10. Cover it with the other half of the dough to make a semi-circle and press it well to seal the edges completely.
11. Repeat step 3 to 6 to make one more stuffed garlic bread.
12. Place them on a baking tray lined with butter paper, cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
13. Slit vertically each stuffed garlic bread slightly at regular intervals using a sharp knife.
14. Brush melted butter over each stuffed garlic bread.
15. Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture and salt evenly over them, and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200c (400f) for 25 minutes.
16. Serve & Enjoy!