When the King of Fruits is in season, this Mango Ice-Cream recipe gives you one more way to enjoy its amazing flavour. Although the key ingredient here is alphonso mango, it is balanced properly with the required quantity of condensed milk so that the mango flavour is clearly noticeable but not overpowering. This makes it appeal to everybody, whether they are head over heels in love with mango or not!
|Ripe alphonso mangoes||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the mangoes and the sugar in a mixer and blend till smooth.
2. Combine the mango-pulp and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using a whisk.
3. Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
4. Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
5. Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
6. Scoop and serve immediately.