Start your week with Rice Payasam along with Saffron caramel sauce
|For saffron caramel sauce:|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice||50 Gram , soaked|
|Condensed milk||400 Gram|
|Mixed dry fruits||To Taste|
|Cardamom powder||1 Pinch|
For Saffron Caramel Sauce:
1. Place the sugar in a sauce pan, and put it on medium heat.
2. Once the sugar starts caramelizing, start stirring it continuously to avoid the sugar from burning.
3. Once the sugar granules have completely dissolved and come to a golden brown colour, take the pan off the heat.
4. Add butter, milk, vanilla and Saffron. Bring everything together to see a perfect toffee colour.
5. Wash rice and cook in milk for 10 minutes.
6. Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly, until the kheer reaches the desired consistency.
7. Remove from heat. Fold in the Caramel sauce.
8. Garnished with nuts & cardamom powder.