Corn and vegetable pulao is a delicious combination of corn and colourful mixed vegetables with perfectly cooked rice. Onions and assorted spices give it a tasteful punch with fried cashews impart an enjoyable crunch. Make sure the grains of rice are separate and not clumpy.
|Cooked corn||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mixed vegetables||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) ((carrots and French beans))|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Deep fried onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|To be ground into a smooth paste (without using any water)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Chilli powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish:|
|Cashewnuts||2 Tablespoon , deep fry|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , deep fry|
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the rice, corn, vegetables, deep-fried onions, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Serve hot garnished with fried cashewnuts and deep-fried onions.