You don't need to be of a certain age to enjoy cake. And who says no bake is no cake? Here is our ghar ka 'No Bake Suji Cake'
|For the base:|
|Tea biscuits||1 Packet (plain)|
|For the cake:|
|Sooji||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1/3 Teaspoon|
|Tutti frutti||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||To Taste|
1. Crush the biscuits and knead it with butter to form a crumbly dough.
2. Place this in the bottom of the cake tin, to form the crust/base.
3. Refrigerate till set.
4. Dry roast the sooji (semolina) in a pan. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
5. Then cook the mixture with water and vanilla essence.
6. Once thickened, add some of the tutti frutti, for a coloured/textured mixture.
7. Now place it in the cake tin and top it with the rest of the tutti frutti.
8. Let it set for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
9. Pipe out whipped cream and decorate the surface of the cake.
10. Cut into slices and serve.