Join us to celebrate Parsi new year with our version of an extremely popular Parsi recipe Berry Pulao . Navroz mubarak.
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed berries||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Saffron threads||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Cashew nuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
1. Soak rice for 3 hours.Soak the berries.
2. In a small bowl combine saffron,sugar and hot milk, stir.
3. Put oil in a medium frying pan and set over a medium high heat.
4. When hot, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until it is reddish-brown.
5. Drain the mixed berries and add to the pan, stir for 5 minutes.
6. Bring water to a boil. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and cloves.
7. Stir once and add the rice. Let it cook in the boiling water until it is three-quarters cooked. Drain in a colander.
8. Spread butter in a pan to melt. Spread half the rice over it. Spread another tablespoon of the butter, plus half the saffron mixture and half the onion-berry mixture and some of its oil on top of the rice.
9. Spread the remaining rice on top of the first layer. Pour the remaining butter over it, followed by the saffron mixture and onion-berry mixture.
10. Set it be on low heat with the lid, for 15 minutes.
11. Garnish with mixed berries and toasted cashew nuts.