Betty demonstrates how to make a Strawberries and Cream Trifle for Easter. This is a gorgeous and luscious springtime dessert.
|Cool whip||24 Ounce (carton)|
|Angel food cake||13 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Pound|
|Strawberry glaze||27 Ounce|
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Add confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy. Fold in 8-ounce carton of Cool Whip. Set aside.
2. In a second large mixing bowl, fold strawberry glaze into strawberries.
3. Now, assemble the torte: In a *very* large bowl, spread of the 8-ounce carton of cool whip on the bottom.
4. Sprinkle of the angel food cake cubes over the Cool Whip. Spread of the cream cheese mixture on top of the angel food layer.
5. Spread of the strawberries and glaze mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
6. For the other layers, begin with the remaining half of angel food cake cubes, spreading it on top. (The remaining of the 8-ounce carton of Cool Whip is saved for garnishing the top.)
8. Spread the remaining of the cream cheese mixture over the 2nd angel food layer, and top the whole trifle with the remaining of the strawberries and glaze mixture.
9. Garnish top with desired amount of reserved Cool Whip and 1 or 2 whole strawberries, depending on the size of the berries.
10. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
11. To serve, spoon generously onto nice dessert plates. Enjoy! Happy Easter!