Hmmmm... A truly exciting combination of ingredients makes this Chana Chaat a real winner! Imagine experiencing the nutty flavour of chana, the soothing mushiness of potatoes, the total tanginess of raw mangoes, the juiciness of tomatoes and the crunch of onions, all in one mouthful. You get this and much more from the Chana Chaat, thanks to the exciting flavours imparted by garam masala and chaat masala. Indeed, this chatpata tiffin treat is something that can transform your kids day! Also pack some Cornflakes Chivda in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
|Kala chana||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chilli paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Chilli powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw mangoes||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
1. Soak the kala chana in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Next day, drain it.
2. Add enough water and pressure cook in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
5. Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, garam masala and chaat masala and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, chana, salt, raw mangoes, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Serve immediately or allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.