Panini is a sumptuous sandwich made with breads like baguette, ciabatta or michetta. If you cant lay your hands on any of these, use hot dog rolls instead, but never use common sliced bread for making Panini. Cream Cheese Veg Panini is a variant that is sure to pamper your palate! The bread is cut horizontally and packed with cream cheese, an assortment of yummy veggies and aromatic herbs. This gives the Panini a totally irresistible taste and amazing mouth-feel that is both creamy and crunchy. This Cream Cheese Veg Panini is sure to appeal to everybody as it combines the best of veggies and cheese. Serve this immediately after preparation to enjoy the fresh and vibrant textures.
|Hot dog rolls||5|
|Olive oil||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|To be mixed into a cream cheese mixture:|
|Cream cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped finely (red, green and yellow)|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Dried mixed herbs||2 Teaspoon|
1. Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife. Place the hot dog on a clean dry surface and apply tsp of olive oil evenly on both the inner sides of the roll.
2. Spread 1 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on each side of the hot dog roll.
3. Close the hot dog roll and spread 1 tsp of butter evenly on top of it. Place it in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller and grill for 5 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 4 more paninis.
5. Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
6. Serve immediately.