All too easy to make but fabulously tasty, this Watermelon, Orange and Feta Salad will sweep you off your feet with its amazing blend of textures and flavours. Watermelon and orange are fruits that you get all round the year and they combine beautifully because the watery sweetness of watermelon and the juicy tang of oranges complement each other very well. Add to this some feta cheese and you bring in tinges of salty creaminess to the salad. A dressing of olive oil and pepper is simple but effective in highlighting the positives of this salad. It is really a wonderful treat to munch on, and perfect to serve at parties, get-togethers and kitty parties.
|Watermelon cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs) , deseeded|
|Orange||2 Cup (32 tbs) , cubed|
|Feta cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||4 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|To be mixed into a dressing:|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Arrange the watermelon cubes in a serving plate.
2. Put the orange cubes evenly over it.
3. Sprinkle mint leaves evenly over it.
4. Put dollops of feta cheese evenly over it.
5. Finally pour the prepared dressing and sprinkle sea salt evenly over it.
6. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.