Perfect French Fries equals happiness, that's what I'm bringing to you today. The perfect, restaurant style french fries at home using simple ingredients. Forget the Frozen pack at the supermarket, and make some at home and freeze for up to 12 months. Healthier Crispy Fluffy Tasty! Learn how to make perfect french fries at your home now!
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((use as required))|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((For deep frying))|
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into fries.
2. Add the cut potatoes into a bowl full of water and change the water until the water remains clear.
3. Next, heat a pan with some water. Add the potato fries, followed by 3 tsp of salt. Let it cook in high flame until it reaches about 78 degrees centigrade, thats a slight simmering stage.
4. Once, it simmers slightly, steep it for about 15 minutes, do not increase or decrease the temperature.
5. After 15 minutes, strain the fries.
6. Again, fill the pan with some more water. Add the French fries again to the water. This time around, boil the French fries until they are completely soft.
7. Once, they break easily in your hands, strain them and spread it out in a towel to dry until they become leathery. This shall take about 30-45 minutes under normal temperature. You may even use an oven to dry the fries.
8. As the fries are dried, fry them to prepare them to freeze. As the fries are already cooked, just need to fry until a crust is formed. It shall take a minute.
9. Take the French fries out, and shake them well until the excess oil is drained. After this, spread this on a tray and freeze for atleast 24 hours.
10. After 24 hours, you can either ziplock them for later consumption and fry as you want to have them.
11. For serving these fries, heat up the oil to very high temperature around 200 degree Celsius, take some freezer fries and add to the hot oil and flash fry for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you may even bake these French fries.
12. Shake well the fries, add some salt while shaking and serve hot with your favorite dip!