Creamy, coffee-laced chocolate balls are encased in enticing dark chocolate shells, to make irresistible Coffee Chocolate Truffles. This easy-to-make dessert is perfect to serve after an elegant dinner party. Just make sure you keep it refrigerated in an airtight container till serving time, in order to prevent melting. You can combine and serve various kinds of chocolaty bites on your party platter like Walnut Raisin Truffles, Chocolate Coated Strawberries, Chocolate Walnut Fudge Balls, Chocolaty Snowballs, Maltese Truffles, Peanut Butter Bites and Rum Centered Chocolates.
|Coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat the fresh cream in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
2. Switch off the flame, add the milk chocolate and coffee powder and mix very well to get a smooth coffee-chocolate sauce.
3. Transfer into a deep bowl, cool slightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a round.
5. Put the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
6. Remove and mix gently.
7. Put one coffee-chocolate ball in the chocolate sauce and with the help of a fork cover the entire chocolate ball and place it on a flat plate.
8. Refrigerate the coffee truffles for atleast 30 minutes.
9. Serve or store refrigerated in an air-tight container. Use as required.