Tommy's Original World Famous Double Cheese Chili Burger! Yeah!
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Masa flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 1/3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrot||2 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|White burger buns||2|
1. Prepare the chili by first browning the meat and carrots in a large saucepan over medium heat. Crumble the meat as it browns. When the meat has been entirely cooked (7 to 10 minutes), pour the meat into a strainer over a large cup or saucepan. Let the fat drip out of the meat for about 5 minutes, then return the meat back to the first saucepan. Cover and set aside.
2. With the fat from the meat and half stick of butter, we will now make a roux. Heat the drippings and butter in a saucepan over medium heat (you should have drained off around 1/2 cup of the stuff). When the fat is hot, gradually add the flour/masa mixture to the pan and stir well. Reduce heat to medium low, and continue to heat the roux, stirring often, until it is a rich caramel color. This should take 10 to 15 minutes. Add the beef broth to the pan and stir. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, back at the other pan, add the water to the beef. Add the roux/broth mixture and the other chili ingredients and whisk until blended.
4. Crank the heat up to medium high. Stir often until you see bubbles forming on the surface of the chili. Turn the heat down to medium low, and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thick. The chili should be calmly bubbling like lava as it simmers. When it's done cooking, take the chili off the heat, cover it, and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour before using it on the burgers. It should thicken to a tasty brown paste as it sits.
5. Toast the burger buns. Add mustard sauce to the top bun.
6. Grill the patties with added salt. Add cheese and continue grilling.
7. Take the top bun and add tomato, onion, pickles, patties, and chili.
8. Flip, Serving and enjoy!