Think spicy and our Indian masalas are sure to spring up in your mind! Yes, this cutlet features a blend of common Indian spices, ensuring a top rating by our desi taste buds. The mint chutney used in this recipe uses a good lot of onions, resulting in a very unusual flavour. When teamed with mayonnaise, it gives the spicy paneer burger a tantalising taste that will linger in your tongue for a long time. Another exceptional point in this recipe is that it requires a lot of bread crumbs for binding, since the paneer is cooked.
|Grated paneer||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Curd||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Capsicum||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Bread crumbs||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((for mint chutney)))|
|Coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (((for mint chutney)))|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((for mint chutney)))|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (((for mint chutney)))|
|Sugar||1/2 Tablespoon (((for mint chutney)))|
|Green chillies||1 Tablespoon (((for mint chutney)))|
|Ginger||1/2 Teaspoon (((for mint chutney)))|
|Capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , julienned (((To be mixed into a salad)))|
|Cabbage||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , shredded (((To be mixed into a salad)))|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (((To be mixed into a salad)))|
|Spring onion greens||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (((To be mixed into a salad)))|
|Carrot||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , julienned (((To be mixed into a salad)))|
|Chaat masala||1 Teaspoon (((To be mixed into a salad)))|
|Melted butter||4 Teaspoon|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||4|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
For the cutlets:
1. Combine the curds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, besan, chaat masala, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala and salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the paneer, mix well and keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the onions, capsicum and a little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the marinated paneer, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
5. Mash the mixture using a potato masher and sauté the paneer on a medium flame for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the flame, add cup of bread crumbs and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly.
7. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
8. Dip each cutlet in the plain flour-water mixture and roll in the remaining cup of bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
9. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the mint chutney:
10. Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water if required.
11. Divide the salad into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
12. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
13. Apply 1 tbsp of the minty-mayo spread on buttered side of all the bun halves.
14. Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
15. Place a cutlet and 1 slice of cheese over it.
16. Spread 1 tbsp of salad and again 1 tbsp of the minty-mayo spread evenly over it.
17. Place a lettuce leaf and cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered-spread side facing down and press it lightly.
18. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
19. Serve and Enjoy!
Calories 1524Calories from Fat 1164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.1%
Saturated Fat 22 g110%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 944 mg39.33%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6096Calories from Fat 4656
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 528 g812.4%
Saturated Fat 88 g440%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3776 mg157.32%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.8%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 56 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet