Now make birthdays even more special by baking the cake at your home.
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||18 Tablespoon ((room temperature))|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg whites||6 ((room temperature))|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) ((room temperature))|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) ((room temperature))|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((for frosting))|
|Cream cheese||32 Ounce ((for frosting))|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs) ((for frosting))|
|Pure vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon ((for frosting))|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Make the cream cheese frosting. Set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Using a large bowl and a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, combine and beat the butter and sugar together until its fluffy, about 3 minutes or so.
5. Add the egg whites 2 at a time making sure they are well combined before adding the next addition.
6. Stop mixing and use a spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Mix in the vanilla extract and sour cream. Alternately add the flour mixture with the half and half, beginning and ending with flour.
7. Butter and flour two 9 inch cake pans. Divide the batter evenly into each pan, about 3 cups each.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. To ensure the cakes are done, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they are done.
9. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then invert them onto a cooling rack.
10. Allow the cakes to cool for at least an hour before frosting.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
11. In a large bowl, mix the butter until smooth. Add the cream cheese and continue to mix until both are well combined.
12. Add the vanilla extract. Gradually add and mix in the powdered sugar. Once the mixture is smooth it is ready to use.
13. Leftover frosting can be stored in an airtight container and placed in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Note: If this cake is made the day before an event place it in a covered airtight cake holder and refrigerator overnight due to the frosting being made with cream cheese. Take it out of the refrigerator at least 2 hours before service so it can come down to room temperature. If it is made on the same day of service, the cake can remain at room temperature until service.
Calories 1975Calories from Fat 1127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.4%
Saturated Fat 77.09 g385.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 369.8 mg
Sodium 938 mg39.08%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g63.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.13 g5%
Sugars 154 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 84.9% Vitamin C 0.9%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 16.2%
Calories 11850Calories from Fat 6762
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 768 g1184.4%
Saturated Fat 462.54 g2313%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2218.8 mg
Sodium 5628 mg234.48%
Total Carbohydrates 1152 g383.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.78 g30%
Sugars 924 g
Protein 114 g223.8%
Vitamin A 509.4% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 255% Iron 97.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet