Noodles, sandwiches, pav bhaji... this recipe brings together all your favourite snacks into the handy format of a grilled sandwich! You will love the fusion of Indian and Chinese flavours in this innovative sandwich, which is packed with juicy veggies and cooked Hakka Noodles, flavoured excitingly with soy sauce and pav bhaji masala. You can feel the warmth of the masala, spice powders and sauces as you devour this scrumptious sandwich. This combination of textures and exciting flavours makes the Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich a veritable treat for your palate. Serve it immediately because the noodles can make the sandwich soggy after a while. If you love grilled sandwiches, we would love to introduce you to more of our favourites Pineapple and Cheese Grilled Sandwich, Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich and the Pav Sandwich.
|Hakka noodles||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion white||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capsicum||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , julienned (red, yellow and green)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pav bhaji masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spring onion greens||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Butter||16 Tablespoon (for greasing and spreading)|
|Processed cheese||6 Tablespoon , grated|
For the noodle stuffing:
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the coloured capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and soy sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring ocassionally.
5. Add the bean sprouts, cabbage and cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minute, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the noodles, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring ocassionally.
7. Switch of the flame, add the spring onion greens and mix well.
8. Divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
9. Grease a sandwich griller using 1 tsp of butter and keep aside.
10. Place 4 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of the butter on each bread slice.
11. Top 2 buttered bread slices with a portion of the noodle stuffing and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
12. Sandwich them with the remaining 2 bread slices with the buttered side facing downwards.
13. Again spread tsp of butter on each sandwich and press it lightly.
14. Place both the sandwiches in the greased pre-heated sandwich griller and grill them for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sandwiches turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
15. Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 4 more sandwiches.
16. Serve immediately.
Calories 307Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 766 mg31.92%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1842Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4596 mg191.52%
Total Carbohydrates 288 g96%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 66 g132%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet