Burger buns, made simpler, using simple ingredients. These bakery style burger buns are uber soft, fluffy and moist with a little tint of sugar in it. Made using an ancient Japanese technique, this bread recipe is surely a must have in your stash!
|Flour||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||5 Tablespoon (((((use as required)))))|
1. In a pan heating up, add 1 and 1/2 tbsp. of maida (plain flour) along with 6 tbsp. of water. Mix it up using a whisk. Cook it on a slow flame until the starches gelatinize or until the mix starts leaving the pan. If using a thermometer, cook it until 65 degrees centigrade.
2. Transfer the flour mix from the pan to a bowl and cover it well with a cling wrap and keep it aside to cool.
3. For the bread dough, take about 300 gm of plain flour (maida). Next add 5 gm of salt, 20 gm of milk powder and sugar about 35 gm. Mix everything together and keep it aside.
4. For making the yeast mixture, add about cup of lukewarm water in a vessel along with 5 gm of sugar. Mix the sugar until it dissolves in water. Next, add 2 tsp. of instant yeast and mix it really well with the water. Place it in a warm cosy place for about 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, add the risen yeast mixture to the dry flour mixture. Add the roux as well. Knead well using hands until it forms a pat.
6. Next, take the dough in to clean platform and knead it for 2-3 minutes. Add water if needed in between but make sure the dough should be smooth and pliable.
7. After which add the butter around 30 gm. Knead the fat really well into the dough for about 7-8 minutes.
8. Once the dough it ready, place it in a bowl and cover with a cling wrap and let it rise for an hour.
9. After 1 hour, knock down the risen dough and take it out from the bowl into a platform and sprinkle in some flour about tsp. and knead it for about a minute.
10. Now, divide the ready dough into 5 or 6 portions and smooth the dough using your hands. Shape it a little oval so that it rises a little higher. Place the dough balls into a baking tray and cover it with a damp muslin cloth and let it proof for another hour.
11. Give a milk wash to the risen dough balls. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
12. Bake the buns for about 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
13. Apply some melted butter to the baked burger buns and cover the burger buns with a damp cloth until they cool down.
14. Use your burger buns for burgers or just have it with some butter!
Calories 704Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 267 mg11.13%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2816Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1068 mg44.52%
Total Carbohydrates 496 g165.2%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 52 g
Protein 68 g136%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet