Deep-fried potato fingers, sautéed with crunchy veggies and tangy sauces makes a yummy filling for hot dog rolls. A dash of mayonnaise adds to the zesty flavour of the filling and makes the sandwich a bit creamy too, balancing the texture very well. Loaded with potatoes and veggies, this multi-flavoured Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich is filling enough to have as a meal. A bowl of your favourite soup will make a fitting accompaniment to this filling sandwich.
|Potato||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Spring onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (white and greens)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (red, yellow, and green)|
|Schezuan sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot dog rolls||3|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon (for brushing and cooking)|
For the Schezuan fries
1. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, add the potato fingers and deep-fry, a few at a time, on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the potato fries, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
6. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
7. Cut each hot dog roll horizontally into 2 equal halves.
8. Place all the hot dog roll halves on a clean, dry surface. Apply a little melted butter on both the sides of each halve.
9. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook all the hot dog roll halves on it till they turn light brown in colour from both the sides.
10. Place both the halves of hot dog roll on a clean, dry surface. Apply 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on each halve.
11. Put a portion of the schezuan fries evenly over the lower halve of the hot dog roll. Cover with the upper halve of the hot dog roll with the mayonnaise side facing downwards and press it lightly.
12. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 2 more schezuan fries hot dog sandwiches.
13. Serve immediately.
Calories 465Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1107 mg46.13%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1395Calories from Fat 840
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147.6%
Saturated Fat 36 g180%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3321 mg138.39%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.1%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet