Paneer Shawarma, or Paneer Shawurma is a Vegetarian take on the ever so famous Chicken Shawarmas. Check out our Indian take on the Lebanese Shawarmas. These Street Style Shawarmas is something we all love to dig on. The charred flavorful meat/paneer, along with creamy garlicy mayonnaise and crunchy salads is a match made in heaven! Check out how easy of a recipe is for the best Shawarma, without using oven, rotisserie, or gyros.
|Coriander Powder: 1 1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder: 1 tsp|
|Clove Powder: tsp|
|White Pepper: 1 tsp|
|Turmeric: 1/2 tsp|
|Paprika: 1 tsp|
|Coriander Leaves Chopped : 1 tbsp|
|Finely chopped Garlic : 4||5 Cloves|
|Cinnamon Powder: tsp|
|Salt: 1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp|
|Olive Oil: 2 tbsp|
|Yogurt: 1 tbsp|
|Paneer Slices: 6 pcs (3 inch x 2 inches x 1/2 inch)|
|For Preparing Shawarma: Chili Sauce 3 tbsp|
|Garlic Mayonnaise: 2/3 cup|
|Salad Ingredients: as desired (cabbage, onions, carrots..)|
|Pita Bread / Rotis of Naan Dough : 6|
1. In a wide bowl/pan, add in the coriander powder, cumin powder, clove powder, white pepper, turmeric, paprika, chopped coriander, chopped garlic, grated cinnamon and nutmeg and salt.
2. Mix all the spices together and add 1 tbsp. lemon juice followed by 2 tbsp. of olive oil and a tbsp. of yogurt.
3. Next, Cut the paneer in big slices of around 2-3 inches and a thickness of 1 cm. Make gashes in to the paneer slices so that the marinate holds up in to the paneer. Coat the paneer with the marinate and keep it aside for an hour.
4. For grilling the paneer, heat up the grill on the flame. Once, the wire grill is hot enough, place in the paneer slice. Grill both sides by flipping on each side at 1 min or so.
5. Once the paneer slices are grilled, take one slice and chop it up into rough pieces. Add the cabbage leaves and onion slices on top of chopped paneer Chop everything together and the shawarma filling shall be done.
6. Take one roti and heat it up.
7. Next, place on some mayonnaise in the center, followed by red chili sauce and little bit of leftover marinate. Mix all together and spread evenly on the roti.
8. Next up, add the salad and paneer mixture and wrap it up. Prepare the remaining as usual. And, your Shawarmas shall be ready to serve.
9. Serve and Enjoy!