3 More Chutney Recipes are here for you to try out with your favorite snacks. Tamarind-Jaggery or, Meethi Imli ki Chutney which is a sweet-sour chutney to go along with chaats, samosas.. Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi is your very own favorite red chutney that's served with Masala Dosas, Pesarattus and Idlis, and Curry-Leaf-Cashew Green Chutney is your all rounder chutney for fried south indian snacks, be it Vadas, Bondas or Bhajjis!
|Please watch the video for ingredients.|
Meethi Imli Gud Chutney:
1. Add all the ingredients to the pan except the anardana, and get to a boil.
2. Once it gets a boil, lower the flame and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
3. Strain using a soup strainer, and add in the anardana.
4. Once cooled down, transfer to airtight bottles and store in refrigerator.
Allam Chutney / Ginger Chutney:
5. In a pan, add in the oil, once hot mustard seeds goes in.
6. As they splutter, chana dal and urad dal are into the pan. Begin roasting them in low flame.
7. Halfway in - fenugreek seeds, asafoedia and curry leaves to be added.
8. After the chana dal is golden, add in the tamarind, tomato and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Next goes in Kashmiri Red Chili, Turmeric, Salt, Water and Jaggery. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Let it cool down.
10. Blend to a smooth paste, using little water at a time. And store in refrigerator for upto 2 weeks, mix more water in desired serving quantity before serving.
Curry Leaf Cashew Chutney:
11. Add all ingredients to a mixer grinder and blend to a smooth paste.
12. Use as desired.