Parmesan flan with tomatoes and basil is an easy and simple dish. It has colorful ingredients which make it look beautiful and appetizing. Parmesan flan with tomatoes and basil can be best served as an appetizer or side with some soup or salad. This flan has a nutty flavor because of the cheese and therefore, pairs well with earthly light red wine.
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 Large , lightly beaten|
|Eggs||2 Large , lightly beaten|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||3 Ounce , finely grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped seeded tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
|Thinly sliced fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Coat 4,6-ounce custard cups with cooking spray.
3. Mix flour and milk. Stirring constantly.
4. Add egg whites and eggs. Stir well.
5. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, and pepper and stir well.
6. Divide mixture evenly among prepared custard cups. 7. Place custard cups in a 9-inch square baking pan.
8. Add hot water to the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
9. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
10. Combine tomato, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. 11. Loosen edges of flans with a knife or rubber spatula.
12. Place a plate, upside down, on top of each cup and invert onto plates.
13. Spoon 1/2 cup tomato mixture over each flan. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon basil.
For more information please visit: http://www.musclemealsonline.com/