It's winter, and if you're like me, you probably already have clementines in your home right now. And if you do, you can make these cupcakes bursting with bright citrus flavor! Time to turn on your oven!
|Unsalted butter sticks||2 (at room temperature)|
|Sugar||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Zest of clementine||3|
|Eggs||4 Large (at room temperature)|
|Flour||2 3/4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fine salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Clementine juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Juice of 3)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter stick||1 , softened|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce , softened|
|Zest of clementine||2|
|Confectioners sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs) (3|
|Juice of clementine||2|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add Clementine zest and beat for about 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating well before adding the next.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
6. In a measuring cup, add the milk, Clementine juice, and vanilla. Stir well. You should end up with 1 cup of liquid total.
7. Add the dry ingredients into the buttery mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the wet ingredients, and lightly beating in between each addition. Begin and end with the dry mixture. Do not overbeat.
8. Fill cupcake cups evenly about 2/3 of the way full. Pop the pan in oven and bake for about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
9. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack, for at least 30 minutes.
10. In a large bowl, cream softened butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until smooth.
11. Add Clementine zest, 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar and beat on low speed until sugar is all incorporated.
12. Add vanilla extract and juice. Add 1-2 more cups sugar and mix on low speed until sugar is all incorporated. If you want a smoother consistency, add a splash of milk or more Clementine juice.
13. Frost cooled cupcakes with a butter knife, or pipe them with a piping bag.
14. Place a Clementine segment on top of each cupcake and serve.
You can keep the leftover cupcake unfrosted in fridge and spread frosting before serving.
Substitute Clementine with orange or lemon if desired.
Calories 520Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 122 mg5.08%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 55 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 7800Calories from Fat 3015
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 345 g531%
Saturated Fat 195 g975%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1830 mg76.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1125 g375%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 825 g
Protein 75 g150%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet