A very yummy cupcake that incorporates a chocolate cupcake with chocolate chip cookie dough middle. A delicious frosting finishes off this truly great cupcake.
|All purpose flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) (1 cup for the cupcakes 3/4 cup for the cookie dough filling and remaining for the frosting)|
|Baking soda||3/4 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for the cupcakes and remaining for the cookie dough filling)|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon (1/4 tsp. for the cupcakes and remaining for the cookie dough filling)|
|Unsalted butter||16 Tablespoon , melted (12 tbsp. for the frosting and remaining for the cookie dough filling)|
|Brown sugar||20 Tablespoon (16 tbsp. for the frosting and remaining for the cookie dough filling)|
|Granulated white sugar||18 Tablespoon (16 tbsp. for the cupcakes and remaining for the cookie dough filling)|
|Milk||3 1/2 Tablespoon (1 1/2 tbsp. for the cupcakes and remaining for the cookie dough filling)|
|Vanilla extract||3 1/2 Teaspoon (1 1/2 tsp. for the cupcakes 1 tsp. for the cookie dough filling and remaining for the frosting)|
|Miniature chocolate chips||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Cookie Dough Filling)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Cupcakes)|
|Hot water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (For Cupcakes)|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Cupcakes)|
|Egg||1 Large (For Cupcakes)|
|Powdered sugar||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs) (For Cookie Dough Frosting)|
|Mini chocolate chips||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Cookie Dough Frosting)|
|Chips ahoy cookies||12 Small (For Cookie Dough Frosting)|
1. Prepare the cookie dough filling: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to stir together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla.
3. Mix in the dry ingredients and then stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Line the cookie sheet with wax paper. Scoop out the dough in 2 Tablespoons scoops and place on a cookie sheet.
5. Freeze the cookies for 30 minutes.
6. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
7. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
8. Prepare the cupcakes: Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt in a blender. Blend to combine.
9. Pour in the water, oil, egg and vanilla. Blend to combine, scraping down the sides as needed a couple of times until all is well mixed.
10. Prepare the frosting: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
11. Mix in the flour, milk and vanilla and continue to mix until all is well combined.
12. Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake lines.
13. Drop a ball of frozen chocolate chip cookie dough into the centre of each cupcake.
14. Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes.
15. Frost the cupcakes with a knife or use a piping bag and pipe it on.
16. Sprinkle mini chips on top and garnish with a small chocolate chip cookie and serve.
Calories 676Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 218 mg9.08%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 71 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8112Calories from Fat 3252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 372 g572.4%
Saturated Fat 156 g780%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2616 mg108.96%
Total Carbohydrates 1224 g408%
Dietary Fiber 48 g192%
Sugars 852 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet