Holly Bell, finalist on the BBC's Great British Bake Off, will show you how to make her delicious Mini Simnel Cupcakes using products from the Natural Selection range!
|For macerating the dry fruit mixture|
|Ginger wine/Orange juice||20 Milliliter (Optional)|
|Raisins||25 Gram (Crimson raisins)|
|Chopped dried apricots||25 Gram|
|Chopped dried dates||25 Gram|
|Crystallized ginger||20 Gram , chopped finely|
|For the batter|
|Self raising flour||100 Gram|
|Butter||150 Gram , softened|
|Soft brown sugar||50 Gram|
|Ground almonds||60 Gram|
|Castor sugar||100 Gram|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 Large (At room temperature)|
|For the topping|
|Marzipan||500 Gram (One ready|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (As needed for dusting)|
|Apricot jam||3 Dash (As needed to stick the marzipan to the top of the cupcake)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5 / 374 F.
2. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases. Set aside.
3. Heat a saucepan with ginger wine, add in all the dry fruits and saute for a minute until all the wine is absorbed into the fruits.
4. Into a large mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients for the batter. Using an elextric mixer, mix to combine everything together for about 3 - 4 minutes.
5. Into this soft batter, add in the macerated dry fruits mixture.
6. Using a spoon gently mix to get the fruits evenly distributed in the batter.
7. Spoon in small portions of the batter into each individual cupcake serving (of the cupcake case lined tin) until 3/4 full.
8. Level off the top by dipping your finger in and giving a quick swirl.
9. Pop it into the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until well risen and an inserted toothpick into the center of each cupcake comes out clean.
10. Once done, remove and place each cupcake on a cooling rack and allow to cool.
11. Meanwhile, dust a hard surface with icing sugar and roll out the marzipan to about 3/4 milimeters thick, as shown in the video.
12. Using a sharp cutter, cut off round or flower shape tops for the cupcakes.
13. Brush the top of each cupcake with a little apricot jam and place the cut marzipan followed by little balls of marzipan as demonstrated in the video.
14. Serve as it is.
Calories 399Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 143 mg5.96%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 45 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4788Calories from Fat 1728
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.2%
Saturated Fat 72 g360%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1716 mg71.52%
Total Carbohydrates 696 g231.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 540 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet