Spring will be here before you know it and this warm weather really has me in the mood for all things Spring!! Growing up, my mom always made these cute little Easter basket cupcakes around Easter time to take to school. Everybody loved them!
I especially like the homemade almond vanilla cupcake recipe!! They are soft and moist and is always my go-to recipe when I need a basic cupcake for decorating.
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Crisco||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (butter flavored)|
|Half and half||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Food color (green)||1 Teaspoon , divided (coconut + frosting)|
|Candy||24 Large (egg shaped whoppers as required)|
|Chocolate decorations||12 Medium (bunnies or peeps as required)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon , softened|
|Vanilla extract||5 Drop|
|Half and half/Milk||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk well to mix.
4. Pour the half and half and put butter, Crisco, egg, sour cream and vanilla and almond extract.
5. Using an electric mixer, on medium speed mix well to combine all to smooth batter.
6. Take the cupcake pan and fill the batter to 3/4th.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or till the cupcakes are done.
8. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
9. COCONUT GRASS: In a bowl take the shredded coconut and add green food color. Mix well to color evenly.
10. FROSTING: In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well to combine to a smooth creamy frosting.
11. Add the food color and mix well till it gets the color of the coconut.
12. EASTER BASKET: Take each cooled cupcake and frost with the green frosting.
13. Sprinkle the coconut over the frosting to look like grass.
14. Place the egg shaped candy on the coconut grass.
15. Fix the Easter bunnies or chocolate bunnies on the grass or deep into the cupcake.
16. Make foil strips and fix to look like the handles.
17. In a serving plate, arrange the Easter baskets and serve as dessert or wrap them in plastic wraps and gift it to loved ones.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5784Calories from Fat 2156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g363.1%
Saturated Fat 125 g625%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1819 mg75.79%
Total Carbohydrates 907 g302.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 671 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet