|Cake flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , sifted|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) , firmly packed|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , ground|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease 12 muffin pan cups.
3) In a large mixer bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and pumpkin-pie spice.
4) Fold in brown sugar, butter or margarine and milk.
5) Beat at low speed 1 1/2 minutes.
6) Stir in egg yolks and vanilla and beat for 1 1/2 minutes.
7) Pour the batter in muffin-pan cups until half full.
8) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
9) Place the pan over a wire racks and allow to cool the layers for 10 minutes
10) In small bowl of mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy-white.
11) While still beating, add in granulated sugar until meringue stands in firm peaks.
12) Fold in nuts; spread over cupcakes.
13) Broil, 6 inches from heat, for 4 minutes, or until golden.
14) Serve at room temperature dusted with icing sugar if desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3074Calories from Fat 1171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.2%
Saturated Fat 65 g325%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 898 mg37.42%
Total Carbohydrates 443 g147.7%
Dietary Fiber 26 g104%
Sugars 260 g
Protein 52 g104%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet