Treat yourself with these luscious incredibly soft moist red velvet cupcakes with fluffy cream cheese frosting.. Whether you want to make in a cooker or an oven, here's instructions for both! Make them now and enjoy.
|Maida||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red food color||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (Sifted twice, after measuring)|
1. Preheat the idli cooker on medium flame.
2. Add salt to the cooker and spread it. Place a wire stand and a perforated plate and heat on medium flame.
3. Preheat the oven at 180 C.
4. Take butter and oil in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and give a good mix.
5. Pour condensed milk and mix again.
6. Add in vinegar, vanilla essence and half of the milk. Stir to mix well.
7. Sieve and add baking powder and all purpose flour to the mixture. Beat lightly.
8. Dissolve red food coloring with remaining milk. Mix well.
9. Pour colored milk into the batter and mix well.
10. Fill the cupcake moulds 2/3rd full.
11. Place few in the cooker and few in the oven or all in oven.
12. Cook the ones in the cooker for about 15 minutes on low to medium heat.
13. Bake the ones in the oven for 15 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool down.
14. Meanwhile, take cream cheese in a bowl. Add unsalted butter, whip well along with vanilla essence.
15. Add 1/3rd of the sugar and mix gradually. Drop in the next two batches similarly. Set this aside until ready to use.
16. Take the smallest cupcake and break it into crumbs.
17. Pipe the frosting over the cupcakes.
18. Sprinkle the cupcake bits over the frosting and serve.