Watch how to make Til Sadam, a traditional South Indian Rice recipe by Anushruti.
Sesame seed rice or ellu sadam is very easy to make and is full of flavor. So watch and learn how to make delicious Til Sadam at home with chef Anushruti.
|300 gms or 11/2 cup of rice|
|1 ½ tsp of salt|
|2 tsp of oil|
|750 ml or 3 cups of water|
|50 gms or 1/3 of sesame seeds|
|50gms or 1/3 of dry grated coconut|
|1 tsp of oil|
|½ tsp of salt|
|3tbsp of sesame oil|
|¾ tsp of mustard seeds|
|1 ½ tsp of soaked urad dal|
|3 tbsp of split cashew nuts|
|¾ tsp of yellow asafetida.|
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes, then cook the rice by adding salt, oil and water.
- Roast the sesame seeds on low heat, once done transfer it into a plate.
- Roast the dry grated coconut,once done transfer it into a plate.
- Add oil, dry red chiilies in a pan and cook them until the chillies are crispy.
- Let the roasted ingredients cool down
- Then grind all the roasted ingredients into smooth powder
- Sprinkle the powder over the cooked rice and also add salt
- In seasoning pan add sesame oil, mustard seeds,
- As the mustard seeds start crackling add soaked urad dal, cashew, dry red chillies, curry leaves and yellow asafetida
- Pour hot seasoning over the rice and mix everything together.
- Til Sadam is ready to be served.