Learn how to make tempting Phirni at home with chef Smita Deo only on Rajshri Food.
Phirni is a delicious dessert from Punjab. It is milky and creamy rice pudding flavored with saffron and cardamom. So enjoy the sweet and delicious Phirni, by making it at home with chef Smita
|½ cup of long grained rice|
|1 cup of sugar|
|1 litre of milk|
|dry rose petals|
|finely chopped pistachios|
|finely chopped almonds|
- Soak long grained rice and later grind it into course mixture.
- In a pan add the course mixture, sugar and milk.
- Switch on the flame and keep stirring until the milk reduce to half it's quantity.
- Add freshly grounded green cardamom.
- Take shikora and add the phirni in it.
- Garnish it with dry rose petals,pistachios, almonds and saffron strands.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Phirni is ready to be served.