Learn how to make Rice Payasam with chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried.
Rice Payasam is a special Kerala dessert dish/kheer made with milk rice on festivals such as Onam, Vishu, etc. So on the special occasion of Onam learn to make this sweet, rich and creamy dessert at home with chef Sneha Nair.
|1 litre of full fat milk|
|½ cup of rice ( washed and soaked )|
|12 tbsp of sugar|
|5 cardamom pods|
|2 tsp of ghee|
|10 – 15 chopped cashew nuts|
|few saffron strands|
- In a thick bottomed pan add milk and let it come to a full boil
- Add washed and soaked rice into the boiling milk
- Keep stirring and let it cook on low flame
- Add sugar to the payasam and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Roughly crush the cardamom pods and add that to the kheer
- In a tempering pan add ghee, cashew nuts and brown the nuts.
- Pour the brown cashew nuts into the kheer
- Add the saffron strands to the payasam
- And Rice Payasam is ready to be served.