The dough is kneaded and then rolled super thin. It's then smeared with a butter and flour mixture and another layer of rolled dough is added to the top. The two layers are then rolled tightly together and chilled. This is then cut, rolled out individually then deep-fried, and once cooled its dredged in powdered sugar.
|Pre sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Ghee||4 Tablespoon ((In total))|
|Warm water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) ((or as needed))|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Liter ((For deep frying))|
1. Work the melted butter into the dough and then add water a little at a time kneading to form a nice dough.
2. Allow the dough to rest covered for 30 mins.
3. Cream together the butter and the corn starch.
4. Divide the dough into 4 quarters.
5. Roll out each quarter till it’s very thin.
6. Spread 1/2 the butter all over the rolled-out dough and cover with another rolled-out quarter.
7. Pinch the edges to seal.
8. Roll together tightly, adding a little butter in between and at the edge to just hold it together.
9. Cover with cling film and chill for about 20 mins.
10. Repeat the process.
11. Once chilled, cut the log-in strips and roll each disc out.
12. Heat up some oil and insert the Phenori and fry till golden and drain on some kitchen towel.
13. Once the Phenori has cooled down, but slightly warm, dip it in sugar that has been lightly pulsed.
14. Once the Phenori is completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
15. Serve and enjoy!