Inspired by an Ice Cream that we had on the streets of Mexico city Glen makes a Cajeta Casera / Cajeta Quemada / Goat Milk Dulce de Leche Recipe from scratch. Receta de Caja Quemada, Receta de Manjar de Leche
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Goat milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||1 Pinch|
1. In a wide pan over medium high heat, add all of the ingredients and stir to combine.
2. Cook at a gentle simmer stirring frequently; until milk is thick, golden, and reduced by ¾ of the volume.
3. Stir more frequently as the cooking process continues and the mixture thickens. Be mindful that the mixture can scorch and burn easily if unattended.
4. Continue cooking until the mixture forms a part as you drag your spatula across the bottom of the pot.
5. Remove and discard vanilla pod, then pour into a heat proof glass jar that can be sealed.
6. The Cajeta Casera will continue to thicken as it cools.