Do you throw the stems and leaves of your beets away? You never will again - these are added to onions and spices, together with coconut, beet cubes, and coriander, and is ABSOLUTELY delish!
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Beetroot leaf||3 Cup (48 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Grated coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked beetroot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Heat the oil and add the onion and allow it to saute.
2. Add the cumin and coriander seeds.
3. Add the garlic and the powdered spices.
4. Add the Beetroot stems and leaves.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Add a touch of water if required.
7. Add the Coconut.
8. Add in 1/2 cup cooked Beetroot cubes.
9. Serve and enjoy!