Eggplants, Aubergines or Brinjal are stuffed with garlic, brushed with olive oil and cooked till soft smoked and tender. They are then pulsed together with Olive Oil, Tahini, Salt Pepper, Cumin powder, Paprika and Parsley to make a delicious smoky, chunky dip.
|Egg plant||2 Large (yields 2 cups of flesh)|
|Garlic||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (sliced vertically)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tahini||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and dry the Eggplants and make slits in it to add the garlic.
2. Brush the surface with Olive Oil and cook on the BBQ for 20 mins or more till the Eggplant is fully cooked all the way through.
3. You can cook this on an open flame or in the oven.
4. Once done, scrape out all the flesh and add to a food processor together with the other ingredients and process.
5. Serve with additional olive oil and pita or crunchy vegetables