This spicy tangy Hakka Chinese fave is really popular with Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians alike. I'm using canned mushrooms in this recipe, as I love the texture but you could use fresh Mushrooms as well!
|Canned mushrooms||4 Can (40 oz) (284 ml each approx 2 cups drained)|
|Chilli oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced spring onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (bulb only)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced green chilies||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely diced green pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Liter|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Black vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli garlic paste/Sambal oelek||1 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch slurry||3 Tablespoon|
|Coriander stems||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , slice|
|Spring onion leaves||2 Tablespoon , slice|
1. Drain the mushrooms.
2. Heat the chilli oil & regular oil.
3. Saute the shallots, sliced spring onions, diced garlic and green pepper.
4. Add the green pepper.
5. Add the veggie stock.
6. Bring to the boil and add the dark soya, vinegar, sweet soya, shaoxing wine, chilli garlic paste.
7. Add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the gravy.
8. Finish off with the coriander stems and spring onion leaves.
9. Serve and enjoy!