In this recipe, I roasted some jasmine rice with spices nuts, coarsely ground it and added it to a spicy Chicken gravy. The mixture is then added to strips of banana leaf and then steam cooked.
|For roasted rice:|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|White peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken||453 Gram|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Palm sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. To make the roasted rice add the rice to a hot dry wok.
2. Keep stirring so the rice does not burn.
3. Add the Coriander seeds, peanuts and white peppercorns and roast.
4. Turn the heat off and allow to cool completely.
5. Add this to a spice grinder and pulse till coarse.
6. In a wok, heat some oil.
7. Add the shallots and the minced garlic.
8. Add the boneless chicken and saute.
9. Add the red curry paste and coat all the pieces with it.
10. Add the fish sauce followed by the palm sugar dissolved in hot water.
11. Allow the chicken to just about cook for 10 – 15 mins and then add half a cup of the roasted rice mixture.
12. Fold everything together and turn the heat off while the rice is still raw.
13. Spoon the mixture into strips of banana leaf and roll to seal.
14. Add a cup of water to the instant pot.
15. Add all the bundles on top of a trivet.
16. Select steam and cook for 10 mins.
17. Serve and enjoy!