These PEI mussels shells are stuffed with a mussel chilli fry topped with some semolina and then fried till crispy!
|Mussels in shells||1 1/2 Kilogram (about 3 lbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced green chilies||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped mushrooms||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Rechad masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semolina/Rava||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Clean and process the mussels.
2. Chop the mussels into smaller pieces.
3. Heat some oil and saute the onion and add the chilli.
4. Add the mushrooms and allow it to sauce for a minute.
5. Add the mussel meat and the reachad masala.
6. Saute well.
7. Add the salt and pepper and the chopped coriander.
8. Spoon to cleaned mussel shells.
9. Mix the semolina with salt, pepper and red chilli pepper and spoon over the mussels.
10. Heat oil and fry the mussels upside down.
11. Top with a mixture of finely dices onion, tomato, chilli and coriander.
12. Serve and enjoy!