Make this simple, quick and easy Suji Halwa for Auspicious Occasion like Ganesh Chaturthi Special at your home and share with us your experiences in the comments section below.
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ghee||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole cashews||1/8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Raisins||1/8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a pan roast semolina on low flame until golden brown in colour.
2. In another pan melt ghee and fry cashews, raisins and banana in it.
3. Add the holy basil and stir.
4. Now add the roasted semolina and stir on a low flame.
5. Then add milk, water and sugar, mix well and cover wtih a lid.
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
7. After 3-4 minutes add the soaked saffron and stir.
8. Continue cooking for the rest of the time on medium flame.
9. Once cooked, add the ground cardamom and mix well.
10. Garnish with rose petals and holy basil. Prasadacha Sheera is ready! Serve!