Just like the deep fried Oreos you'll find at the fair without the extra calories, air fried to perfection these Air Fried Oreos recipe are a must try!
|Self raising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Greek yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||To Taste|
|Chocolate syrup||To Taste|
1. So to start off were going to make the batter, now this is really simple and contains no extra added sugar. So into a large bowl add in 1 cup of self raising flour followed up by 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt. Now give this a good mix around until you get to a stage where the dough has come together but is very sticky and thick, to help with shaping the dough I add 1 teaspoon of milk and mix that through as well. Now leave the dough aside for the meantime.
2. Obviously we’re using the famous Oreo cookie, but feel free to get creative with any other cookie you want to - if they’re chocolate coated its best to freeze them first then air fry.
3. So using wet hands, pull a piece of dough around the size of a golf ball and flatten out. Then press the Oreo cookie into the middle and fold the dough around around it. Now keep your hands wet whilst doing this, it wont harm the dough but it makes it so much easier to handle and keeps things a lot cleaner.
4. No into the air fry basket I place down some baking paper and spray it with cooking spray so nothing sticks. Place down the Oreos covered in dough and give them a little space because they will grow a little.
5. Set the air fryer at 200c or 400f and set the timer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes turn them over and air fry for 3 minutes more or until golden brown.
6. Serve them immediately with some dusted confectionary sugar or icing sugar and then I drizzle over some chocolate syrup, this is all optional obviously but it does make everything so much better. When you cut into them you sell the Oreo cookie surrounded by dough and begging someone to eat it.
This is a great recipe to have some fun with, it really does taste great and its a treat to have on the rare occasion.