First Try... Halifax Donair Cooked On Vertical Beer Keg BBQ! Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen, today we are making Halifax Donair at home. If you have been following along you might have seen some of the videos where Julie and I went to Mexico City and we did a street food tour, eating a whole lot of Tacos al Pastor. It occurred to me that I've got a beer keg and I could turn that beer keg into a charcoal burning vertical rotisserie. But before I get into making tacos and shawarma I thought I would do something homegrown Canadian I'm gonna make a Halifax Donair.
|Ground beef||3 Pound|
|Onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thin pita breads||To Taste|
|Sliced onions||To Taste|
|Chopped tomatoes||To Taste|
1. Combine beef and spices in a mixer, and mix until emulsified.
2. It should look like a fine pink paste.
3. Form around the rotisserie.
4. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
5. Make the sauce by whisking together all of the sauce ingredients.
6. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Cook the meat on the rotisserie until the outer edge reaches your desired 'doneness'.
8. Slice thinly from the rotisserie.
9. Serve and Enjoy!