Welcome Friends! Welcome to axe night suppers, and this week we're going to do a riff on a one pan chicken and rice dish that we did on the channel maybe a year or two years
ago? We're just going to switch up the flavours it's still a 1 pan chicken and rice dish but instead of chicken and white and wild rice like we did last time this time we're going to mix it up and we're going to make it sort of a Southwest Tex-Mex kind of deal.
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Long||grain white rice|
|Taco seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen corn||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black beans can||19 Ounce (rinsed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
2. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Brown chicken on both sides in an oven proof pan or braiser over high heat, with a splash of oil.
4. Transfer browned chicken to a plate.
5. In the same pan; sauté the onion and hot pepper.
Stir in the rice.
6. Stir in the black beans, corn, Ro-Tel, oregano, and taco seasoning.
7. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
8. Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up and then transfer to oven.
9. Bake, partially covered for 35 - 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
10. Serve and Enjoy!