And just like that, the holiday season has come to an end. After going on a calorie spree, most of us would like to shed a few holiday pounds. And healthy meals are easy to consume if they're packed with flavor.
|Barley||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) , soaked|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Turkey bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wieners||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Chicken Wieners)|
|Diced onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced spring onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Steamed broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs) (lightly steamed)|
|Chopped parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiled egg||1 , dice|
1. Soak the barley for 30 – 40 mins, wash drain and boil for 15 – 20 mins.
2. Drain the barley and leave aside.
3. In a saute pan heat some oil and add the turkey bacon and the sausages and cook and keep aside.
4. In the same pan add the onion and spring onion.
5. Add the mushroom and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add the red peppers, carrots and saute.
7. Add the cooked and drained barley and allow it to sit in the hot pan for a few minutes.
8. Add the soya and hot sauce and mix in with the barley.
9. Allow the barley to sit for a while before stirring so the barley gets a little caramelized.
10. Add the broccoli, parsley and boiled egg.
11. Mix well and serve